Science 1 Biology
SEP’s approved textbooks translated into English guarantee the subject’s complete coverage of the official program since the ruling in favor is reiterated.
Science 1 Biology, covers the National Curricula and it is based on the number of instructional hours for this subject. The different illustrations, diagrams, photographs, maps, tables and graphs as well as the content in this book, support the student’s understanding of the subject according to SEP’s approved texts.
The constructivist methodology of the books, is based on the results on expected learning outcomes; the different activities, sections and support links included in this text, maintain the competency-based approach.
Science 1 Biology, helps students increase their language skills in the subject as it reinforces grammar and other English language skills. Motivating students to work confidently using and understanding the same basic concepts of the subject in both Spanish and English.
Student’s book structure
• The book is divided into 5 units, containing 3 lessons and a project at the end.
• In each sequence, students will find the following sections:
- Basic information of the topics in the official program, in a clear and direct language for students.
- Boxes with activities, in order to put the acquired knowledge into practice and to awaken their scientific interest.
- Did you know…? For your project and Let’s learn more boxes– for students to obtain further information and a greater approach to the topic.
- Illustrations, tables, maps, diagrams, charts and pictures, that constantly support the better understanding of the topics.
- Let’s learn more – is a section located at the end of most of the lessons in which students will find recommended books and websites for further reading to enrich their learning.
- Project– It corresponds to the last lesson of the first 4 units. In these lessons, students will work in teams to apply what they learned throughout the unit, promoting respect, tolerance and commitment among peers. Students will find project ideas to develop as well as the steps that need to be followed to present the results of the chosen work or research.
- Evaluation– located at the end of each unit. It is used to verify the students’ knowledge (works as a self-assessment).
- Glossary boxes– with definitions throughout each lesson in the book in order to clarify technical terms to students.